Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce is committed to building a stronger regional business community. We steadfastly serve the cities of Eagan, Farmington, Lilydale, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Rosemount, Sunfish Lake, and West St. Paul, along with Castle Rock, Empire, Eureka, and Hampton Townships. Explore the many ways we're leading the way to make the Dakota County area the best possible place to live, work, and grow your business.
Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce is the influential voice to champion economic growth for business.
Position: Communications Coordinator
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the internal and external communications of the organization. This position implements strategic direction for the organization’s communications and media relations and reports directly to the Chamber’s president.
· Management and delivery of various communications strategies (content, design) and projects including but not limited to:
· Weekly Update
- Brochures, Emails, Event Invitations, Other Collateral
· Annual Membership Directory & Business Resource Guide
· Management of Chamber’s website and other electronic communication
· Execution of social media strategies and tactics
· Development of marketing strategies to ensure goals are met for participation, special project revenue, non-dues revenue, etc.
· Manage all aspects of media relations strategies, earned and unearned; and cultivate relationships with local media to position Chamber as leader within the region
· Develop messages and maintain brand standards that promote the Chamber’s initiatives and programs
· Cultivate and maintain an extensive knowledge of all Chamber programs, services, initiatives and activities
· Actively support and participate in Chamber events and programs
· Cultivate relationships in order to engage members to remain active
· Staff liaison to various marketing and communications committees and task forces
· Represents the Chamber in a professional manner
· Perform other job duties as assigned by the President of the organization
Knowledge, Experience, and Education Required
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business, or related field
- Minimum of two years of professional experience; experience within the chamber of commerce/association management industry preferred
- Strong written communications skills
- Experience with marketing and branding initiatives
- Social media experience and understanding
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively as well as provide solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with Chamber members, volunteers, vendors, and community stakeholders
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Results-oriented and willingness to be accountability to measurable goals
- Must be a team player that works well in fast-paced, changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe, as well as some experience with In-Design and Constant Contact or similar email marketing tool
- Knowledge and understanding of the Dakota County regional business community
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
Majority of duties may be performed in and from the Chamber’s office in Eagan during regular business hours, or virtually from another office. Travel and work off-site will be required, as well as occasional work on evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Compensation and Employee Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Maureen Scallen Failor
Dakota County Regional Chamber
3352 Sherman Court, Ste 201
Eagan, MN 55121
Position will remain open until the final candidate is selected. No phone calls please.